Saturday, May 2, 2009

Plans and Schemes

I'm using this weekend as downtime to update a few features on the page.

So far I've got some plans for the future of this blog as it is still evolving, every day in fact. What started out as a little side project to an already hectic life, I've decided to branch out and spin the random generation machine... Ok, so I just wrote some things down on a piece of paper, closed my eyes, and picked the idea my finger landed on.

I wrote a "What is Shared Universe?" section on the right side of the blog and I'm currently designing a background and layout to bling out the homepage. I've talked to a few friends who have their own blogs and are doing quite well and I've asked them to contribute when they can.

Check out their blogs here:
Future plans include a post card scheme, global domination, and plans to incorporate some music from a few local bands and artists. Once we start gaining a fair number of readers and comments, we'll have a P.O. Box available for you to send some post cards to. The goal is to get some cool and unique post cards with a funny/quirky little message to us. Each week we'll pick the best cards, scan them (front and back), and post them on the site (last names and addresses omitted). We'll keep your first name and city/state/country visible and you'll get the bragging rights.

We're still hammering down the nail here and there and it looks like this site will soon be fully operational. In the meantime, keep your eyes on the site, comments on the posts, and dogs on a leash. They can get away from you if you're not careful.

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a really cool idea. If we ever get to travel again I'll send you one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can send it from your home residence, unless you live in a cardboard box. then there's no return address.

    ReplyDelete