Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saturday Night Laugh-track

I was watching the latest Dana Carvey SNL and I have to say it was pretty good. They brought out some of the old favorites like Church Lady and Wayne's World, while bringing back old cast members like Mike Meyers and John Lovitz. It was really good to see actual comedy on a show that has basically been living in a cesspool mostly devoid of comedy.

John Lovitz said it best in the opening song, the difference with every other cast and theirs was "acting." That's the problem with the current cast, they don't act. They pull what I call a "Tracy Morgan," they play themselves. Hardly anyone acts anymore, puts themselves into a role and loses themselves. That doesn't sound fair to the current cast. Even if they did act, it wouldn't be funny because the current cast isn't funny.

Sure, Seth Meyer is pretty good. Jason Sudekis has some pretty excellent moments and Andy Samberg can be funny if kept somewhat contained, but everyone else is pretty weak. If comedic talent was a measure and 1000 was the top, I'd rate this cast around 250. That's the bottom 25%. That means 3 in 4 jokes fail. That means 3 in 4 skits are not funny. That means 3 in 4 shows just plain suck. And that's not far fetched, it's a reality.

4 comments:

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this
    board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give something back and help others like you helped me.


    my blog :: registry Cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheap prada bags
    Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and
    visual appearance. I must say that you've done a amazing job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Internet explorer.

    Outstanding Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gratіtude of every home in our Island, in our Empiгe, and indeed throughout the world, exceρt in the ɑbodes of the
    guilty, goes out to the British airmen who, undaunted
    by odds, unwearieɗ in their constant challenge and mortal danger, arе turning the tide of the world ѡar
    by their prοwess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.


    My web paցe scientology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this post is good, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things,
    thus I am going to tell her.

    my web-site :: Fete Paradiso

    ReplyDelete